Grace UMC is involved in many missional outreaches. We are intentional about having a three pronged approach to our mission work: local, regional, global. We firmly believe we are called to spread God’s love throughout the entire world and not just in our own backyard. The following lists are just a few of the ways we are involved in mission work in our world.
We define local as an outreach we can pour resources into within a five mile radius of our church location in Merritt Island, Florida. Some of the local missions we help are:
- Preschool Scholarship – helping families who struggle to pay the tuition for their children, so they can attend preschool.
- MILA Elementary school
- Food Pantry
- Family Promise – helping homeless families have a safe place to live while they look for work and housing
- Red Bird – Located in the Appalachian mountains of Kentucky – Red Bird helps families have safe and secure homes to live
- Links of Hope – Helping men and women within the prison systems of Brevard County get their GED’s, anger management classes and other assistance so they can live healthy productive lives
- Crosswinds Youth Services – Helping teens in unsafe environments have a safe space to live and continue their schooling
- UMC Children’s Home
- Bishop’s Annual Appeal – This varies from year to year but typically is a mission outreach in another country
- Heifer International
- World Vision
- Rise Against Hunger
- One Body Global Ministries